Monday, August 24, 2015

Tampa Bay Rays and book shopping in Berkeley!

This weekend, James and I flew to SFO just in time to go to the Oakland A's vs the Tampa Bay Rays.  Tony loves the Rays so we wore hats and shirts and were almost the only Rays fans there.



 
 




The Rays won 2 to 1! Yay! Baseball's not my favorite sport, but there was some exciting stuff. The churro, the running bobble heads, and the exciting 9th inning.


The next morning we went to Crepes ago go for amazing crepes. James loved eating strawberries and chocolate for breakfast. I tried a savory crepe for the first time, avocado, cheese, and tomatoes. It was absolutely delicious.

Then we went out for what I considered the best part of the trip, book shopping at Berkeley's multitude of used book stores. Cheap books! What could be better? Tony and I are both investing in Jose Saramago's novels. We're (although mostly Tony) trying to read the novels by the Portuguese Nobel Prize winning in literature before we go to Portugal next month.

We ate lunch at Pieology--a chipotle style pizza place. It was pretty impressive the sorts of food that you can put on pizza and still have it taste good. I ate one with spicy chicken, purple olives, onions, feta cheese, and barbeque sauce. It almost sounds like it couldn't taste good but it was delicious.







No comments:

Post a Comment